Vampy Lips: Mary Kay Chery Coffee, Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb and Revlon Black Cherry Reviews

21:14 Unknown 0 Comments

 Along the rain season, dark dramatic lips surge as a volcaono. Well, at least for me. I have been following the wine lips trend for a while, but always shyed away as I thought it would contrast harshly against my skin and hair combination. Since I moved out half across the country and started living by my own, I dared to do several n new things, and experimenting with my makeup was one of them! I feel so polished wearing vampy lips, so mature and elegant. Therefore, I decided to make a little review of 3 of my favorite dark wine lipsticks.



Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color on Cherry Coffee

 What is it?

"Two favorite flavors combine to create one fabulous shade. Cherry Coffee combines the coverage and finish of a lipstick with the foolproof application of a gloss. This multitalented wonder lets you customize color the way you want from bold to barely there. And there's a superrefreshing mint flavor for an instant pick-me-up."

  •  Contains .28 Oz
  •  Retails from $10 to $25 (Whether you buy online, on a catalog, or during a sale catalog!)

 Packaging

 It comes in a small tube, a really nice one if I must add. It does not look cheap, and it is actually really resistant.
It has a brush applicator, which glides smoothly on lips. At the bottom of the tube it has a stamp with the shade name.


Impression

 The Liquid Lip Color has an amazing texture, it feels like satin on your lips. It is really well pigmented, the following pictures were taken after only one layer. After application the lips look shiny. I am not quite sure if it has plumping properties, but it does give a small "sting" due one of its main ingredients: mint.
The color is a dark red, with a brownish hue. It is deep, but you can definately moderate the application and create a lighter look.


 After eating it leaves a beautiful, less "scary" looking stain. If Cherry Coffee is too intimidating for you, just bloat it a little to achieve this rich wearable shade.

Would you recommend it?
 Absolutely.


Revlon 477 Black Cherry

 What is it?

"Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick is as essential as the little black dress. With 72 fabulous, fashionable shades, Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick offers the widest range of colors, so you are sure to find one that looks gorgeous on you! Packed with mega-moisturizers and vitamins C and E for soft, smooth, sexy lips. Your lips stay kissably conditioned for lasting smoothness while the color stays rich and true."

  •  Contains .15 Oz
  •  Retails from $5 to $15

 Packaging

The Revlon Lipstick tube is a classic. It looks really classy, especially with the gold center part with the words REVLON.
It has a transparent part on the cap where you can see the bullet, giving you an accurate idea of the color of the lipstick.


Impression

 When I opened the lipstick I was shocked, it looked almost black and I was not going for the goth look I wanted to look vampy. Once applied it is a different story, a very rich and warm dark wine shade. In me, it does not have purple tinges (Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb does). Really sophisticated, and adult looking.

 The texture is really creamy, it does no dry at all. Application wise, it is not really pigmented, I had to swatch it over 3 or  4 times to achieve the below color.

Would you recommend it?

 The color is gorgeous, and the price is affordable, I already weighted the pros and cons so if you are not bothered by having to constantly reapply your lipstick, I would recommend Black Cherry.

Wet n Wild 918D Cherry Bomb


 What is it?

"Wet N Wild Lipstick Cherry Bomb #918D. Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, creme finish in one stroke, Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients, Hyaluronic Micro spheres. Wet n Wild silky-smooth conditioning lipstick formula is loaded with aloe and Vitamins A and E and glides on without feathering or bleeding."

  •  Contains .11 Oz
  •  Retails from $3 to $5ish

 Packaging

 God do I hate this packaging! Is cheap looking, and really fragile, if you want to know more about my opinion read about my other review and swatch of this color (and other WnW lippies)

Impression

  Cherry Bomb is a wine color with a slight purple tint. It has a drier formula, but not exaggerated just exfoliate and moisture your lips. It really is long lasting. It is supposed to be matte, but it still gives a hint of shine.

 I am truly in love with this shade, you can eat, drink and it will leave the most lovely stain ever (You can see more in my other review here).

Would you recommend it?

 If you can go over the dryness, go and buy it! It is fabulous. A staple on my life.

0 comentarios:

Second Menu