Kylie Jenner Lip Color on a Budget

13:23 Unknown 0 Comments



 Do you wanna know how to achieve Kylie Jenner Lip Color on a Budget?

 If I must admit a guilty pleasure, it must be the Kardashians.
I am enchanted by their hair, skin, make up, clothing and style.
From the Kardashian-Jenner clan my favorite is Kylie. And isn't she one of the hottest topics right now?

I follow her on Instagram and I love her make up, especially her lip color.
As from what I have read, the lip product she actually uses is Whirl lip liner from MAC. But, I decided to look for drugstore dupes as I was not ready to splurge after I tested some similar shades in a MAC store and none of them flattered my skin tone.

The lipsticks I used for this post are the following:

 Jordana Taupe, Jordana Classic Nude, NYX Thalia, Jordana Pink Flair, WnW Mauve Outta Here, Wine Room.



Taupe has a tad dry consistency, but is really pigmented. It is a grayish brown color (duh!), it has no pink on it unlike Kylie's lip color. It is not a color that differs a lot from my skin color, though is darker. I have seen swatches from others girls and it looks a little bit pinkier on them.


When I went shopping for Taupe as I had read it was a match for Kylie's lip color, I saw the bullet of the lipstick (Jordana has a clear case) I thought it was too dark and my eye immediately was caught by Jordana Classic Nude. The color we are looking is a sort of mix of nude/pink/mauve. Its consistency is the same from Taupe, and has a matte finish as well. Is a pinkish brown not too dark
but is not light at all. For me, it's the closest to a Kylie Jenner color that at the same time flatters my skin tone.

 One of the most raved lipsticks claimed to be Kylie Jenner dupes is NYX Thalia.
Is a supper buttery lipstick, it feels so amazing on the lips, super soft. It has a mild glossy finish.
Now, regarding the color ... on my it looks almost lilac not really brown, pink or mauve.
I guess is because my skin tone as in most of the swatched online the color looks on point. For reference I have a really yellow tone, fair skin.


 Pink Flair from Jordana is smoother than the Golden Matte Line from Jordana.
The color is way too pink, so it was a mistake from my part to try to include it. But the bullet looks a little bit more brown.
If you want a pinkish nude color, this is perfect it looks very natural and brightens the face.

 Mauve Outta Here from Wet n Wild is a long lasting lipstick, with a matte consistency.
The color tends to be lilac on me rather than mauve, which was a deception as I am not even a fan of the color.

 Wine Room has the same durability and consistency than Mauve Outta Here being both from the same line from the same brand.
On me it looks pink instead of a wine color, at least on my opinion is a tamed version of the bold super brown color from Kylie, but is muted enough to be a similar.



 Here I swatched all the colors:

 From L to R: Jordana Taupe, Jordana Classic Nude, NYX Thalia, Jordana Pink Flair, WnW Mauve Outta Here, Wine Room.

 As I stated before, Classic Nude is my personal choice and the color that resembles the most to that wear by Kylie.

 Do you have any other dupe? Share it with us!

 I am still going to try with Stockholm and Cannes from NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream.

0 comentarios:

Second Menu